On the days when I work, I can accomplish the following:
- Practice martial arts for at least a half hour
- Read 50 pages or more in a book
- Write three pages for a story I’m working on
- Film a couple videos for my YouTube channel
- Run errands
- Post 3 times EACH on Facebook and Twitter
- Spend time with my girlfriend
And what do I do on a day like today, when I have it off and I could accomplish anything I wanted?
Oh, wait. I texted a contractor about some work he was supposed to do on my house, took down some recycling, and texted hello to my kids. In other words, nothing out of the ordinary.
Why is that? I don’t get it! How can I have more ambition on the days when I have less time?
Can anyone help me solve this mystery? I really need to solve it because there are a lot of holidays that will go to waste if I can’t figure out where my motivation goes. It doesn’t even do me any good to project into the future and imagine the regret I will feel; I just sit there thinking, “Well, I’ll deal with that when the time comes.”
I just need to figure this out!